A message from ELA’s CEO – join our team!
Thursday, 7 March, 2019
A message from ELA’s CEO, Mark Adams.
Today is International Women’s Day (IWD), a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity and achieving #BalanceforBetter.
I am proud that collectively as a business we are supportive of and value diversity and equality of all employees. We have a strong culture that enables and facilitates personal and professional growth and provides opportunities for leadership in technical and managerial streams which is evidenced by a healthy balance of both genders.
Together the ELA team have achieved some great results:
- 55% of our workforce is women
- Our exec team is also made up of 55% women.
- Over the past 2 years, from the 1000 graduate applications we received 72% of all graduates employed have been women.
This all makes for a strong, successful and progressive business. We want to continue to attract and retain more leading women to be part of our team. We’ve achieved these great results so far with a range of initiatives big and small, including:
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Designated women in leadership training budget (encourages targeted training and or attendance at industry and networking events – eg. Women in Mining)
- Flexible working arrangements (contractual arrangements plus ad hoc flexibility as needed)
- At the recruitment stage positions are reviewed to enable flexibility where requested
- All vacant positions are sent via email to all staff on parental leave
- A ‘keep in touch’ program where staff on extended leave can return to work for up to 9 days during their LWOP (without impacting on Centrelink payments) for the purposes of participating in training, team meetings, information sharing, keeping connected.
- An ability to salary sacrifice 50% of the parental leave payment into super or any part of standard salary into superannuation
- Focused personal development and training plan for women when returning from parental leave
- Extending parental leave
Each one of our offices is celebrating International Women’s Day in their own way and whatever they choose to do, they are all valued.
We’re always looking for more approachable experts. If you want to make a difference and work with some of Australia’s best environmental experts, apply to join the ELA team today.