Mine Closure Services
WE HAVE A TEAM OF RECOGNISED AND TRUSTED EXPERTS WITH REAL EXPERIENCE IN PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTING MINE CLOSURE WITH OUR CLIENTS. WE UNDERSTAND REGULATOR EXPECTATIONS AND DELIVER WHAT IS REQUIRED.
Our mine closure team focus on integration of the consultant and client team during the course of the project. Being part of an integrated team gives our consultants the sense of ownership and ability to make a difference, while at the same time providing our clients with confidence that their best interest is at heart and is the focus. It provides the assurance that project risks and outcomes are shared between the proponent and the consultant.
This strategic approach, underpinned by clear and realistic goals, objectives and completion criteria, ensures our clients achieve Lease/Licence relinquishment across Australia. We have a proven track record in providing advice that combines regulatory or other closure obligations with our technical knowledge of rehabilitation and an understanding of the closure needs unique to each mine site.
We partner with specialist consultancies so the varied and complex issues encountered in closure planning can be addressed through mine closure solutions that align with the balance of economic, environmental and social responsibilities of your business.Whatever the stage of a client’s project, our team is ready to help by offering a one stop shop for the technical capabilities needed in managing the whole mine closure process or discrete sections:
- CLOSURE PLANNING
- Stakeholder & Regulatory engagement
- Environmental, Health & Safety risk assessment
- Risk based gap analysis
- Developing study scope
- Technical studies & reports for closure plans
- Management and monitoring plans
- Development of completion criteria
- Rehabilitation cost estimates
- Mine revegetaton planning and monitoring
- Ecological restoration advice
- Final detailed closure plans
- Identification of residual liabilities
- Closure implementation – construction/demolition
- Post closure monitoring
- Demonstrated achievement of completion criteria/Auditing
Our goal is for our client to place their operations in a proactive position to manage future changes in expectations of their stakeholders and leverage opportunities to optimises their closure outcomes.