We have a specialised team with expertise and experience in freshwater, groundwater and estuarine ecology.
Ecological assessments of aquatic ecosystems must now meet State and Commonwealth legislative requirements. Our aquatic ecology team has worked in all states of Australia and understands fully the requirements for project approval and impact assessment.
Our experienced staff have completed projects in tropical, arid and alpine rivers and wetlands, and keep up-to-date with the scientific literature. We have a comprehensive understanding of the ecological processes occurring in aquatic habitats in estuarine, freshwater, and groundwater environments. throughout Australia.
Whether investigating a small creek, wetland or entire catchment, our knowledge of aquatic ecosystem processes enables clients to prioritise management programs and make robust management decisions.
Our aquatic ecology team provides specialist services in relation to:
- Aquatic flora and fauna survey and assessments
- Groundwater Dependent Ecosystems (GDEs) [CLICK HERE]
- Stygofauna ecology and taxonomy
- Macroinvertebrate surveys using AUSRIVAS protocols
- Environmental flows and catchment assessments
- Fish community and targeted species surveys
- Aquatic fauna salvage and relocation
- Seagrass and estuarine vegetation survey and mapping
- Wetland and riparian assessment and rehabilitation
- Port, wharf and coastal infrastructure assessments
- Freshwater and estuarine habitat assessments.
For enquiries, please contact our Aquatic Ecology specialists at the details below.
- NSW (northern), WA, SA & ACT - contact Aquatic Ecology Lead, Dr. Peter Hancock.
- NSW (Sydney and southern) - contact Aquatic and Riparian Ecologist, Ian Dixon.
- QLD & NT - contact our Brisbane Office Manager, Miles Yeates.
- Vic - contact Principal Ecologist, Dr. Austin O'Malley.