Regulations for NSW Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016
Thursday, 11 May, 2017
In late 2016 the NSW government passed the Biodiversity Conservation Act and Local Land Services Amendment Act changing the way biodiversity impacts are assessed and approved in NSW.
A number of new regulations, a new assessment tool, mapping, and an offsets payment calculator, have been placed on exhibition for six weeks from 10 May until 21 June.
There are some simple changes at a first glance, and we have been involved in the development of some background components, but other aspects will take more time and effort to completely comprehend the ramifications. Eco Logical Australia will be picking through the detail and identifying implications.
In the meantime, below are links to the new material which has been placed on exhibition:
- Draft Biodiversity Conservation Regulation 2017 (PDF), and its supporting regulatory impact statement (PDF)
- Draft Local Land Services Amendment Regulation 2017 (PDF)
- Draft Environmental Planning and Assessment Amendment (Biodiversity Conservation) Regulation 2017 (PDF)
- Explanation of Intended Effect for the State Environmental Planning Policy (Vegetation) 2017(PDF)
- Land Management (Native Vegetation) Code (PDF)
- Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) (PDF) and BAM tool (Link)
- Accreditation Scheme for the Application of the Biodiversity Assessment Method (PDF)
- Draft Sensitive Biodiversity Values Land Map (Link)
- Serious and irreversible impacts guidance (PDF)
- Offsets payment calculator (Excel) and User Manual (PDF)
- Facts sheets and guides