Environmental Flow Assessment, Dunoon Dam
We were engaged by Rous Water to undertake an environmental flow assessment for a proposed dam in northern New South Wales.
The main objective of the assessment was to establish a suitable environmental flow regime for the environmental and habitat values of the ecosystem. The scope of the environmental flow assessment included:
- Development of a field survey and assessment method that identified the habitat, ecological and biodiversity values of water dependent ecosystems
- Consideration of the fluvial geomorphology of the system, both at current conditions and at altered flow regimes
- Input into hydrological modeling and assessment
- Hydraulic modeling at key locations of the system
- Identification of appropriate flow regimes for the environmental values identified, with consideration given to the quantity, timing and release requirements of flows to maintain or enhance the environmental values downstream of the proposed dam.